DEGREE PROGRAMS OFFERED
In 1947 Urdu Department was established in Govt. College for Women Katchury Road Multan. Post graduate classes in Urdu were initiated in the year 2005 and BS-4 years Honors in Urdu in the year 2010. It is high time that department of Urdu may be reengineered and redesigned under The Women University of Multan to provide high quality of education to the female students of this area.
- BS (4 years)
- MA (2 years)
- M.Phil (2 years)
- PhD (4 years)
The M.Phil, M.A and BS in Urdu are part of a multidimensional program. They provide students with comprehensive knowledge in various subjects. Students will get the opportunity to engage themselves in meaningful discussions and share their views on a variety of topics. Courses, seminars and research projects in the department are based around various subjects ranging from grammar all the way to latest literature.
- Provide an opportunity for the female students of this area to acquire high quality education in Urdu literature.
- Preservation of ancient cultural heritage of Multan by encouraging high quality research.
- Development of practical skill and knowledge to meet the global challenges.
- To enable the students to develop a sense of national identity and collective consciousness.
- To enable the students to bridge the gap between social sciences and natural sciences.
- Generate a heightened level of interest in the Urdu Language.
- To enable our students to take advantage of the opportunities provided to them through our curriculum.
- Help mold the future generation of Urdu graduates into model citizens for the betterment of Pakistan.
- BS Urdu Credit Hours=136
Duration 4 Years
- M.A Urdu Credit Hours=66
- Duration 2 Year
- M.Phil Urdu Credit Hours=30
- Duration 2 Years
- Credit Hours=36
|1||Prof. Naghma Shahbaz||Chairperson||M.A Urdu (BZU)||Deputation|
|2||Mrs. Nighat Iftikhar||Associate Professor||M.A Urdu(BZU) Gold Medalist||Deputation|
|3||Mrs. Fouzia Naimat||Associate Professor||M.A Urdu(BZU) Gold Medalist||Deputation|
|4||Mrs. Yasmin Yasin||Associate Professor||M.A Urdu (Islamia University Bahawalpur) Gold Medalist||Deputation|
|5||Ms. Rukhsana Leghari||Associate Professor||B.Ed, M.A Urdu (BZU)||Deputation|
|6||Ms. Tasnim Qureshi||Assistant Professor||B.Ed, M.A Urdu (BZU),
M.Phil Urdu( AIOU)
|7||Ms. Sara Majeed||Lecturer||B.Ed, M.A Urdu(Gold Medalist) BZU||Permanent|
|8||Dr. Shahida Rasool||Lecturer||M.A Urdu (BZU) (Gold Medalist), M.Phil(BZU)
Ph.D (Islamic International University Islamabad
|9||Dr. Azra Liaqat||Lecturer||Ph.D Urdu (BZU)||Permanent|
|10||Dr. Arshad Khanum||Associate Professor (Rtd)||Ph.D Urdu (BZU)||Contract|
|11||Dr. Shagufta Hussain||Professor of Emeritus||Ph.D Urdu (BZU)||Contract|
|12||Dr. Ismat Jameel||Professor (Rtd)||Ph.D (BZU)||Contract|