The Department of Chemistry was established in 1953 and was working under the umbrella of Government Post Graduate College Multan, which has now been upgraded to offer BS(4-year) program of studies under Women University Multan. M.Sc., M.Phil/MS and Ph.D programs will hopefully be offered from next years. Curricula have been developed under the guideline of Higher Education Commission to cover all the recent areas of Chemistry. Department has qualified faculty with diversified fields of interest. It has four divisions. A Inorganic Chemistry Division B Organic Chemistry Division C Physical Chemistry Division D Biochemistry Division The Department houses different laboratories equipped with different equipments. It has a library with number of books in different fields.
- BS (4-years)
- MSc (2-years)
- M.Phil/MS (2-years)
- Ph.D Chemistry
The Department of Chemistry is committed to
- Quality Education.
- Develop students to understand about the world.
- Create logical approach through skills and tools
- Develop confidence in their abilities.
- The persuasion of truth, knowledge and its implementation.
It aims to
- Develop high quality professionals and scientists that are committed to pursuit of excellence and are endowed with vision, courage and dedication.
- Improve academic standard in this region.
- Chemists are capable of making significant contribution in the areas of medicine, dentistry, pharmacy and related fields.
- BS Chemistry Credit Hours=136
- Duration 4 Year
- MSc Chemistry Credit Hours=66
- Duration 2 Year
- MPhil Chemistry Credit Hours=30
- Duration 2 Year
- Ph.D Chemistry Credit Hours=18
|Sr. No:||Name of Faculty Member||Designation||Status|
|1||Prof. Dr. Samia Khakwani||Professor||Ph.D||Deputation|
|2||Dr. Muhammad Arif||Retd. Professor||Ph.D||WUM Faculty|
|3||Ms. Farzana Akram||Professor||M.Phil.||Deputation|
|4||Ms. Sajida Rizwan||Associate Professor||M.Sc.||Deputation|
|5||Ms. Lubna Arshad||Associate Professor||M.Sc.||Deputation|
|6||Ms. Anwar Zaffar||Associate Professor||M.Sc.||Deputation|
|7||Ms. Sakina Saeed||Associate Professor||M.Sc.||Deputation|
|8||Ms. Naila Imtiaz Ishfaq||Associate Professor||M.Sc.||Deputation|
|9||Dr. Sara Musaddiq||Assistant Professor||Ph.D||WUM Faculty|
|10||Dr. Samina Aslam||Assistant Professor||Ph.D||WUM Faculty|
|11||Dr. Adeela Saeed||Assistant Professor||Ph.D||WUM Faculty|
|12||Ms. Abida Ashraf||Assistant Professor||M.Phil.||Deputation|
|13||Ms. Tahira Saleem||Lecturer||M.Phil.||Deputation|
|14||Ms. Sadia Iqbal||Lecturer||M.Phil.||WUM Faculty|
|15||Ms. Warda Hassan||Lecturer||M.Phil.||WUM Faculty|
|16||Ms. Sehrish Mehdi||Lecturer||M.Phil.||WUM Faculty|
|17||Dr. Fouzia Tabassum||Post Doc Fellowship||Ph.D||WUM Faculty|
|18||Ms. Tanzila Rehman||Lecturer||M.Phil.||WUM Faculty|
|19||Ms. Javeria Zahra||Lecturer||M.Phil.||WUM Faculty|
|20||Ms. Farhat Siddiq||Lecturer||M.Phil.||WUM Faculty|